I have heard people have problems with starting firefox3 while using selenium1.0.x on windows7.
The exact error message is similar to this:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not start Selenium session: Failed to start new browser session: java.lang.RuntimeException: Firefox 3 could not be found in the path!
Please add the directory containing ”firefox.exe” to your PATH environment
variable, or explicitly specify a path to Firefox 3 like this:
I attempted to fix this by putting the path in the environment variable of the windows7 machine and it still did not work.
I had put in something like:
I spent some time trying different things until i tried
and Yes!!! I could now start running the selenium tests.